Wednesday, September 25, 2024

The Collected Works of Edgar Allan Poe πŸ”–πŸ”–πŸ”–

First published November 1, 1849

__________

The Complete Tales & Poems of Edgar Allan Poe contains every know tale written by the famous gothic American writer. His often macabre and dark works, which span the years from 1827 to his death in 1849, include "The Raven," "The Black Cat," "The Tell-Tale Heart," and "Annabelle Lee."

For Poe fans worldwide, this elegant collector's edition includes over 70 of Poe's  short stories , more than 40  melodious poems , and  his only full-length novel ,  The Narrative of A. Gordon Pym.

__________

I wanted to love Edgar Allan Poe. He was influential as a critic in his lifetime, and influential since that time upon other authors. Some of his works were enjoyable to me - The Black Cat, Never Bet the Devil Your Head, The Pit and the Pendulum, and The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Feather. The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket was amazing. Yet, I do prefer the style of Lovecraft over Poe - and I might be lambasted due to Lovecraft's racism. 

When it comes to poetry, I have never been the best audience. In this case, I enjoy Whitman so much more than Poe. Different styles all together, and Whitman's just wins me over.

I think reading Poe is an admirable venture and I recommend it to anyone who loves literature and the history thereof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment