Sunday, August 25, 2024

The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera 🔖


First published January 1, 1984
__________

Literary awards: Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Fiction 1984, Prix Aujourd'hui 1993
__________

In The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera tells the story of a young woman in love with a man torn between his love for her and his incorrigible womanizing and one of his mistresses and her humbly faithful lover. This magnificent novel juxtaposes geographically distant places, brilliant and playful reflections, and a variety of styles ... (source: goodreads)
__________

I did not enjoy this one. Maybe it's because I am just *not* a philosopher and there was much philosophy in this book. Maybe it's because I could not relate to any of the characters and I didn't like any of them. Maybe it's because said characters didn't develop or grow at all. Either way, not my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment